Friday, June 5, 2009

Lost and cant find your way home?

Last night I walked out of my parents house and found my dad staring at something. I asked him what was so interesting and he began to tell me about this driver who had to be drunk.

 My family lives super close to one another. My uncles live across from us up a big driveway and my grandma to the left of him. The drunk driver drove up my uncles driveway and turned around and drove down toward my grandma and grandpas house. He drove over my grandparents lawn then proceeded to another neighbors driveway. He continued to drive in an back out of what had to be 20 driveways. 

     I knew I needed to do something about this. My dad tried to talk me out of calling 911 and finally gave into me calling the Police. Well that number didn't work and I was going to be late for work, he told me to leave it alone and leave for work. I had already made the decision to do something about this so I got in my car and called 911 and told them the emergency. 

     I lost the suspect but knew the area he had to of been in... I knew if I circled the block I would soon find the truck backing out of someones driveway or swerving on the road. I ended up finding a cop and fallowed him till he found the drunk driver.  The 911 lady took the description I could give her and dispatched the police officer in front of me. Before I knew it I could see the truck in sight. As she was telling the police officer that the truck was in front of him the drunk driver drove onto the sidewalk. The police officer flipped on his lights. I got a good look at the suspect before I left for work. 

I got my ten minutes of feeling like a hero.  

I now want to be a 911 dispatcher when I grow up. :)

I considered  myself a good citizen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment