Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Blessing at my fingertips

I received a text message from Jim about a week ago asking me to think about being a Work Crew Boss third session at Washington Family Ranch. I thought about it for about two minuets and decided heck yes. Knowing how hard it is to get volunteers to step away from their jobs for a month to give back to these kids I jumped on this opportunity. Finding out this position would be in the Kitchen made it even more enticing. 

The next step was praying about it. Then the hard part came, asking for the time off of work. Some people may think asking for time off work is easy when its family you work for... I've got news... it's not. I already find myself asking for days off here and there for this and for that. A month is a long time to be gone from work and a long time to try and fill a night position. 
He's (my boss) thinking about letting me do this. :) 

Sorry family for being that employee that asks for a ungodly amount of time off, ALL THE TIME.

I then get this text from one of my most God seeking Work Crew girls. Courtney says Lacey they filled the WC Boss position but theirs a Head Leader spot open. 
At this point I'm thinking what everyone of you who has been in YL before is thinking.... no way are they going to let a 21 year old fill a Head Leader position. I though I should try to get to the bottom of this so i pick up my phone and call a source. She then begins to tell me how they had filled the WC Boss position AND THEN .... asks ME LACEY CRONIN to be a Head Leader! 

Freaking Awesome!

Now lets all bring our prayers together on this one. 

What a amazing opportunity this could be!!!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aP9O5SLzDA

No comments:

Post a Comment